Keto Oven-Baked Meatballs
- 250 grams minced beef (ground beef)
- 250 grams minced pork (ground beef)
- 1 eggs (large)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 milliliters tomato passata (ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano (ground beef)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (ground beef)
- basil leaves
- basil pesto
- parmesan cheese (ground beef)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Combine pork & beef mince, pesto, almond meal, egg, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into meatballs (golf ball size).
- You should get about 20 meatballs from the mixture
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan on medium.
- Fry meatballs for 7-8 minutes until browned on all sides then remove from pan and set aside
- Add passata, garlic powder, oregano and salt & pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Then return the meatballs to the pan
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 mins until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbling
- Serve with basil leaves, additional pesto and parmesan cheese
- Recipe Notes Replace the almond meal for pork rinds if you are unable to tolerate Almonds or if you would like reduce the carbs more.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:36.