Keto Harissa Chicken Skewers
- 600 grams chicken breasts (1.3 lb - or you can also use thighs)
- 1/3 cup harissa paste (1.3 lb - or you can also use thighs)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil ,
- couscous (Low-Carb,
- salsa (Summer Vegetable,
- guacamole (5.4 g net carbs per serving)
- Cut the chicken into medium pieces (1 - 1 1/2 inch / 3 - 4 cm). Place in a bowl and add the Harissa paste and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover with a cling film and let it marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours (or overnight). When the meat is ready, assemble the pieces on skewers (you can use bamboo skewers soaked in water or stainless steel skewers). Oven roasting: Place in the oven and cook at 225 °C/ 440 °F for 12-15 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let the meat cool down for 5 minutes. BBQ roasting: Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook on high for 7-8 minutes or until crispy on the outside and cooked inside. Pan roasting: Preheat a large regular pan or griddle pan greased with lard or ghee on high heat. Turn the heat down to medium and place the skewers on the pan. When done, set aside and keep them warm near the cooker. When ready to serve, drizzle them with olive oil and serve with Low-Carb Couscous, Summer Vegetable Salsa or Guacamole. All are perfect for the ketogenic diet!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:47.