Keto Harissa Chicken Skewers
- 600 grams chicken breasts (1.3 lb - or you can also use thighs)
- 1/3 cup harissa paste (1.3 lb - or you can also use thighs)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- couscous (Low-Carb
- salsa (Summer Vegetable
- guacamole (5.4 g net carbs per serving)
- Cut the chicken into medium pieces (1 - 1 1/2 inch / 3 - 4 cm).
- Place in a bowl and add the Harissa paste and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cover with a cling film and let it marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours (or overnight).
- When the meat is ready, assemble the pieces on skewers (you can use bamboo skewers soaked in water or stainless steel skewers).
- Oven roasting: Place in the oven and cook at 225 °C/ 440 °F for 12-15 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and let the meat cool down for 5 minutes.
- BBQ roasting: Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook on high for 7-8 minutes or until crispy on the outside and cooked inside.
- Pan roasting: Preheat a large regular pan or griddle pan greased with lard or ghee on high heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium and place the skewers on the pan.
- When done, set aside and keep them warm near the cooker.
- When ready to serve, drizzle them with olive oil and serve with Low-Carb Couscous, Summer Vegetable Salsa or Guacamole.
- All are perfect for the ketogenic diet!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:47.