Mom's Low Carb Meatballs Recipe - Italian Style (Keto Meatballs)
- 1/2 pound ground chuck (85 % lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork (85 % lean)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (85 % lean)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large eggs (85 % lean)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (85 % lean)
- 1 tablespoon onions (85 % lean)
- 1 clove garlic (85 % lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce (85 % lean)
- Add the beef and pork to a medium bowl and break up into smaller chunks, aiming for an even mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the meat and mix with a hand mixer until just combined.
- Do not over-mix.
- Lightly oil hands and roll 12 meatballs.
- I weigh mine to get the weights equal for even cooking.
- To do it by eye, divide the meatball mixture in half and roll 6 meatballs of even looking size and repeat with the remaining meat.
- To Pan Fry Meatballs: Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- I use a Green Pan, but an iron skillet or stainless steel pan will do (they will need more oil).
- When hot, spray the pan with oil (use 2 teaspoons for iron or stainless).
- Add the meatballs to the pan, making sure they each have their own place.
- [DO NOT crowd the pan.
- If your pan is small and you add all of the meatballs, they will steam and be tough.
- If your pan is large, you can fit all 12 in the pan.]
- Cook the meatballs approximately 1 1/2 minutes per side, turning at least 4 times.
- I use tongs.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes total.
- They should be browned like the picture in the post.
- Heat the sauce in the pan, scraping up the brown bits for a full flavored sauce.
- For a fresher tasting sauce, warm on the stove or in the microwave and pour over the meatballs.
- Garnish with parsley and serve or top with mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler to melt.
- To Bake Meatballs in the Oven: Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and position rack to the middle.
- Place meatballs on a foil-lined or rack-lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with warmed sauce and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Alternately, top with mozzarella cheese and place under broiler to melt the cheese.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:51.
It was a nice meal to eat with my family. We all enjoyed it. It was pleasing to know that it was low carb.