Flank Steak Pinwheels
- 2 1/2 pounds flank steak (only 2 lbs used)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- I talian seasoning (only 2 lbs used)
- Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place the flank steak so that the grain is going from right to left Start by squaring the flank steak and removing any hard fat deposits Then, with a really sharp knife, butterfly the flank steak.
- Cut parallel to the cutting board and leaving an inch or so not cut, you should be cutting along the grain Then open the flank steak, using the knife to finish the cut so there is ½ an inch or so connected Lay the butterflied flank steak flat, the grain at this point should be facing up and down the cutting board, this is a rotation from the start Season both sides with Italian seasoning Spread the mozzarella cheese out over the meat, leave one inch on one side for wrapping Laydown a layer or two of spinach Roll the flank steak, making sure to keep it tight and rolling with the grain Cut six pieces of cooking twine and tie off 6 evenly spaced sections Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the pinwheels by cutting in between the twine pieces Place in a pyrex baking dish over a layer of spinach Cook for 25 minutes or until the meat reaches the desired doness Broil for 3 minutes or until the mozzarella is bubbly
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:27.