Low Carb Beef Stew
- 1 pound beef short ribs ,
- 2 cups beef broth (We Use This!)
- 4 clove (garlice,
- 100 grams onions ,
- 100 grams carrots ,
- 100 grams radishes ,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ,
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper ,
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (We Use This!)
- 1 tablespoon butter ,
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (We Use This!)
- Chop the short rib into bite sized chunks, salt and pepper and set aside.Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat and coconut oil. Add short rib and brown on all side.Remove from saucepan and set aside.Chop onions, carrots and radishes into bite sized pieces and mince garlic.Add onions, garlic and butter and cook down for a couple minutes, scraping the bottom with the spatula/spoon.Once onions are tender add the broth and combine. Add the xanthan gum and combine.Allow broth mixture to come to boil and then add the meat back in and cook for thirty minutes with a lid on. Stir frequently scrapping the as you stir,After thirty minutes add the carrots and radishes and cook for an additional thirty minutes, stirring frequently. Broth should have thickened a lot at this point. If you feel the need you can add more broth or some water.Serve warm and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:10:53.