Quick Beef Ragù with "Zoodles"
- 800 grams ground beef (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup red pestos (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himal (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 4 medium zucchini (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- If you're using frozen meat, keep it outside the fridge to slowly defrost.
- Place the meat in a hot pan greased with ghee (keep some ghee for cooking zoodles) and cook for 5-8 minutes or until browned from all sides.
- Add red pesto, freshly chopped parsley, salt and cook on medium heat for 3-5 more minutes.
- When done take off the heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini "noodles".
- Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it to the zoodles.
- Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler and peel the zucchini all around until you get to the soft centre.
- Transfer the zoodles into the saucepan greased with the remaining ghee.
- Cook briefly for 2-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the meat and mix in well.
- The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be.
- The less you cook them, the more "al dente" and the less soggy they will be.
- That's it - done! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:03.