Quick Beef Ragù with "Zoodles"
- 800 grams ground beef (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup red pestos (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himal (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- 4 medium zucchini (1.8 lb/ 28.2 oz)
- If you're using frozen meat, keep it outside the fridge to slowly defrost. Place the meat in a hot pan greased with ghee (keep some ghee for cooking zoodles) and cook for 5-8 minutes or until browned from all sides. Add red pesto, freshly chopped parsley, salt and cook on medium heat for 3-5 more minutes. When done take off the heat and transfer into a bowl. Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini "noodles". Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it to the zoodles. Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler and peel the zucchini all around until you get to the soft centre. Transfer the zoodles into the saucepan greased with the remaining ghee. Cook briefly for 2-5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the meat and mix in well. The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be. The less you cook them, the more "al dente" and the less soggy they will be. That's it - done! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:03.