Almond Flour Low Carb Tortillas - Egg Free Keto Wraps
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks (ground, 30 grams)
- 1/4 cup hot water ,
- 1 cup almond flour (ground, 30 grams)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (ground, 30 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt ,
- hot water (ground, 30 grams)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (ground, 30 grams)
- Instructions In medium bowl, whisk together the psyllium, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Add 1/4 cup hot water then knead into a dough. Add in more hot water as needed to form dough. Divide dough into 6 balls. Then, flatten each ball as thin as possible into round tortilla shapes. Heat oil onto pancake grill to about 350°F. Grill each side of tortillas until browned. Cool on rack. Recipe Notes Adapted from a paleo tortilla recipe found at Cassidy's Craveable Creations About 2 grams net carbs per tortilla. I prefer making these ahead and storing them in the refrigerator. They become more pliable when cooled completely. They can also be frozen for longer storage and then thawed in the refrigerator. Recipe has been modified based on comments received to improve success. Nutrition Facts Almond Flour Low Carb Tortillas - Egg Free Keto Wraps Amount Per Serving (1 tortilla) Calories 140 Calories from Fat 99 % Daily Value* Total Fat 11g 17% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 168mg 7% Potassium 42mg 1% Total Carbohydrates 9g 3% Dietary Fiber 7g 28% Sugars 1g Protein 4g 8% Calcium 4% Iron 5% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:32.