- 2 egg yolks ,
- 8 large egg whites ,
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour ,
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (or ground chia seeds)
- 90 milliliters milk & cream (or ground chia seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda ,
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar ,
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or ground chia seeds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or ground chia seeds)
- salt (to taste)
- Separate the egg whites and from the egg yolks. You will only need 2 egg yolks and 8 egg whites, as the crepes hold better together when more egg whites are used. Reserve the remaining egg yolks for another recipe.Place the whole eggs and egg whites, coconut flour, psyllium husk or chia seeds, coconut milk, baking soda and cream of tartar in a bowl and mix well.Add the garlic powder (or sweetener if making sweet keto crepes) and whisk well.Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes so the coconut flour and psyllium have time to swell and absorb the moisture. Whisk again.Heat a nonstick pan evenly with the ghee or coconut oil. Move the pan while pouring in the batter to ensure the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. The batter should be runny so it will spread easily. If it is too thick, you may add 1 tablespoon of water to the mixture.Make the crepes one by one, greasing the pan in between to ensure the keto crepes don't stick.Depending on the size, you can make 2 large or 4 medium crepes per serving.Once cool, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:15.