- 2 egg yolks
- 8 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (or ground chia seeds)
- 90 milliliters milk & cream (or ground chia seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or ground chia seeds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or ground chia seeds)
- salt (to taste)
- Separate the egg whites and from the egg yolks.
- You will only need 2 egg yolks and 8 egg whites, as the crepes hold better together when more egg whites are used.
- Reserve the remaining egg yolks for another recipe.Place the whole eggs and egg whites, coconut flour, psyllium husk or chia seeds, coconut milk, baking soda and cream of tartar in a bowl and mix well.Add the garlic powder (or sweetener if making sweet keto crepes) and whisk well.Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes so the coconut flour and psyllium have time to swell and absorb the moisture.
- Whisk again.Heat a nonstick pan evenly with the ghee or coconut oil.
- Move the pan while pouring in the batter to ensure the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- The batter should be runny so it will spread easily.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:15.