Low Carb Indian Boiled Egg Curry
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 diced onions (small)
- 2 cloves garlic (small)
- 1 serrano chiles (small)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato purée
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces coconut cream
- 2 cups green beans (small)
- 8 eggs (boiled and peeled)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Place a medium size saucepan over medium heat.Add 2 tablespoons of the ghee to the saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli and sauté until the onion begins to look translucent.Turn the heat down to low and add the turmeric, garam masala, ginger, coriander and cumin.
- Gently cook until fragrant, around 5 minutes.Add the tomato puree, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.Add the coconut cream and bring the curry up to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.While the curry sauce is simmering place the remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee into a frying pan over medium heat.When the ghee is hot add the boiled eggs and gently fry until the outside are brown and crisp.
- This will help the curry sauce to stick to the normally slippery egg white.Add the crispy boiled eggs to the curry sauce along with the green beans and simmer for 5-8 minutes.Serve the curry over Low Carb Cauliflower Rice, garnished with the chopped cilantro and flaked almonds.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:59:19.