Low-Carb, Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers
- 12 sweet mini bells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion (grated, with the juice)
- 1 egg whites (grated, with the juice)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, seasoning, grated onion and egg white.
- Mix to combine.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fill with the ground beef mixture, leaving the top flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened and the beef is cooked through.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley (optional).
- More salt could be used in the ground beef to taste.
- Keep in mind that the addition of cheese on top of the peppers adds saltiness.
- If you are not planning to use fresh onion, use 2 tsp onion powder instead of 1 small onion.
- To make it easier, when you grate the onion, I suggest that you put it in the freezer for 15 minutes prior.
- This will make it firm and easy to grate.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:54.