Lemon Curd And Blueberry Tarts
- 1/2 pastry (x keto pie crust)
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (x keto pie crust)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (x keto pie crust)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Follow Ruled.Me’s recipe to make the pie crust recipe.
- Because we won’t be baking the crust with the curd in it, increase the cooking time to 25 minutes, watching that the tarts don’t get too brown or burn.
- Once done, remove from the tart shells from the oven and leave to rest/cool.
- Place the egg yolks, butter and sweetener in a saucepan and stir over low heat.
- Add a little bit of lemon juice at a time and taste regularly to ensure the curd has just the right amount of lemon for your liking 3.
- Continue stirring the curd until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove it from the heat, pour into a bowl, cover with clingfilm (so that the clingfilm is touching the curd), and chill in the fridge 4.Once the lemon curd has cooled, divide it evenly between each of your tart shells.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the top and return to the fridge to set
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:38.