Rich and Creamy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 cups broccoli (frozen, thawed, and roughly chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (frozen, thawed, and roughly chopped)
- 1 small onion (frozen, thawed, and roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese
- Add olive oil to a large pot and turn on heat to medium.
- Add chopped carrots and onion.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic, broccoli, seasoning, and spices.
- Mix and let cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add bone broth, stir, and cook for 8-10 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in heavy cream.Add 1/2 of soup mixture to a high speed blender, add spinach.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- You can blend all of the soup if you prefer a completely smooth consistency.Return contents in blender to large pot, stir in cheddar and gouda cheese until completely melted.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add additional broccoli and cheese if desired to top of soup.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:09.