Lamb Souvlaki (Greek Lamb Skewers)
- 1 3/4 pounds lamb leg (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- mint (handful chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- Dice the meat into medium-sized pieces.
- Place in a bowl and add extra virgin olive oil and freshly juiced lemon.
- Finely chop the mint and rosemary and add to the bowl.
- Season with salt and mix well to cover the meat in the oil mixture on all sides.
- Place in the fridge for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Mix once or twice to avoid drying.
- The longer you marinate it, the better.
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C/ 450 °F.
- Pierce the skewers through each meat cube and place them on a rack and in the oven.
- After 10-15 minutes, turn each of the skewers on the other side and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- When crispy and browned, remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- Serve immediately with Melitzanosalata or fresh vegetable salad.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:44.