Lamb Souvlaki (Greek Lamb Skewers)
- 1 3/4 pounds lamb leg (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- mint (handful chopped,
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- 1 lemon (juiced),
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or shoulder, boneless, 800g / 28.2 oz)
- Dice the meat into medium-sized pieces. Place in a bowl and add extra virgin olive oil and freshly juiced lemon. Finely chop the mint and rosemary and add to the bowl. Season with salt and mix well to cover the meat in the oil mixture on all sides. Place in the fridge for 4-8 hours or overnight. Mix once or twice to avoid drying. The longer you marinate it, the better. Preheat the oven to 230 °C/ 450 °F. Pierce the skewers through each meat cube and place them on a rack and in the oven. After 10-15 minutes, turn each of the skewers on the other side and cook for another 5-10 minutes. When crispy and browned, remove from the oven and let them cool down. Serve immediately with Melitzanosalata or fresh vegetable salad. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:44.