Crock Pot Whole Chicken
- 4 teaspoons salt (per recipe reviews 2 tsp is better)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole roasting chicken (per recipe reviews 2 tsp is better)
- 1 cup chopped onion (per recipe reviews 2 tsp is better)
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.Remove any giblets from chicken and rinse chicken.Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- (optional)When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.Add chicken.
- No liquid is needed! The chicken will make its own juices.Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:13.