Best Keto & Paleo Tacos
- 500 grams ground beef (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 4 tortillas (regular keto
- 1 white onion (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- ground black pepper (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 1 cup water (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 1 avocado (medium
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 1 head lettuce (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- slaw (Easy Russian
- salad (Guacamole
- other vegetables (17.6 oz / 1.1 lb)
- Prepare the tortillas by following this recipe and creating taco shells.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Place the onion and garlic on a pan greased with ghee and cook over a medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Stir to avoid burning.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned from all sides while mixing.
- I buy ground meat in bulk from my local farmer (here are more tips on how to save time & money on a keto diet).
- Add the chili powder and ground cumin.
- If you don't have any of these, use 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Add the tomato puree and pour in the water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined and cook until the sauce has reduced to about a quarter and the meat is cooked through.
- When done, set aside and prepare the vegetable topping.
- Wash and dry all the vegetables on a paper tissue.
- Halve, deseed, peel and chop the avocado and chop the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Start filling the taco shells (recipe is here - follow instructions for taco shells).
- Start with the meat mixture and top with tomatoes...
- avocado and lettuce.
- Optionally, add other toppings (grated cheddar cheese, soured cream, etc.) Enjoy! Instead of taco shells, you can make nachos (recipe is here) and serve the meat as a dip.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:00.