Keto Lamb Fried “Cauliflower” Rice Meal Prep
- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower rice (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1/3 cup green onions (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spice mix (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (medium head of cauliflower)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 1 spray extra-virgin olive oil
- chopped cilantro (medium head of cauliflower)
- green onions (medium head of cauliflower)
- Chop florets from head of cauliflower and place them in a food processor.
- Pulse blend until the cauliflower is a rice like substance.
- Empty the contents onto a heavy-duty paper towel, thin cloth or cheese cloth.
- Fold in the sides of the cloth and squeeze out as much water as possible from the cauliflower into a bowl.
- When finished, place the cauliflower rice in a bowl and set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add garlic and simmer for about a minute or two, careful not to let the garlic burn or brown.
- Toss in the ground lamb and chop and cook with a wooden spatula.
- Add green onions and cook until the lamb is nearly finished (about 2 minutes with few visible pink pieces).
- Add all the seasonings to the skillet EXCEPT the tamari.
- Mix it up and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and then toss in the cauliflower rice.
- Mix and cook for about 2 minutes, then toss in eggs.
- Chop and stir to ensure the eggs are fully cooked.
- This should take about 2 minutes.
- TIP: move cauliflower and lamb mixture to one side of the skillet and add the eggs to the empty side of the skillet.
- Chop up and cook the eggs on that side of the skillet and then mix it all together.
- Finally, add in frozen peas and carrots and allow the steam from the food to soften the peas and carrots.
- Mix it together then add Tamari sauce (and add less or more to taste).
- Mix together and garnish.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:10.