Keto Lamb Fried “Cauliflower” Rice Meal Prep
- 12 ounces ground lamb ,
- 2 eggs ,
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower rice (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1/3 cup green onions (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic ,
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spice mix (medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom ,
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (medium head of cauliflower)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari sauce ,
- 1 spray extra-virgin olive oil ,
- chopped cilantro (medium head of cauliflower)
- green onions (medium head of cauliflower)
- Chop florets from head of cauliflower and place them in a food processor. Pulse blend until the cauliflower is a rice like substance. Empty the contents onto a heavy-duty paper towel, thin cloth or cheese cloth. Fold in the sides of the cloth and squeeze out as much water as possible from the cauliflower into a bowl. When finished, place the cauliflower rice in a bowl and set aside. Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, add garlic and simmer for about a minute or two, careful not to let the garlic burn or brown. Toss in the ground lamb and chop and cook with a wooden spatula. Add green onions and cook until the lamb is nearly finished (about 2 minutes with few visible pink pieces). Add all the seasonings to the skillet EXCEPT the tamari. Mix it up and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and then toss in the cauliflower rice. Mix and cook for about 2 minutes, then toss in eggs. Chop and stir to ensure the eggs are fully cooked. This should take about 2 minutes. TIP: move cauliflower and lamb mixture to one side of the skillet and add the eggs to the empty side of the skillet. Chop up and cook the eggs on that side of the skillet and then mix it all together. Finally, add in frozen peas and carrots and allow the steam from the food to soften the peas and carrots. Mix it together then add Tamari sauce (and add less or more to taste). Mix together and garnish. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:10.