Majestic low-carb Black forest cake
- 9 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 packets powdered gelatin
- 3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cherry vodka (room temperature)
- 2 ounces erythritol (room temperature)
- 1 pound sour cherries (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons cherry vodka (room temperature)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- If you are going to use the fan, 320°F (160°C) should be enough.
- Line bottoms of two 8" or 9" springform pans with parchment paper.
- Using a stand electric mixer, beat 9 eggs with the whisk attachment for 1 min on high spped.
- With the mixer on, gradually add 1 cup erythritol and continue beating on high speed a full 8 min.
- It will be thick and fluffy.
- Tip: You will need a huge mixing bowl.
- Whisk together almond flour and cocoa powder and sift in thirds into batter.
- Fold with a spatula between each addition.
- Once all flour is in, continue to fold just until no streaks of flour remain, scraping the bottom of the bowl to get any pockets of flour.
- We do not want to over-mix and deflate the batter.
- Gently fold in ½ Tsp vanilla and room temp butter, folding as you add butter in a steady stream and scraping from the bottom to make sure you don't have butter pooling at the bottom.
- Fold just until incorporated.
- Pour 1/3 and 2/3 of batter into the prepared pans (the 2/3 is going to be split in two when baked).
- Bake immediatelyfor 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If the batter is not baked straight away after mixing, it might deflate.
- Let cool in pans for 10 min then run a thin spatula around edges to loosen cake.
- Transfer to a wire rack and remove parchment paper.
- When cakes are at room temp, take the thicker one and devide it in half lenghtwise using a cake slicer or a long sharp knife.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:17.