Keto Avocado Taco Bowl
- 2 slices bacon
- 3 cups brussels sprouts (thinly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (thinly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (thinly chopped)
- 1/3 cup red onion (thinly chopped)
- 20 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh cilantro (thinly chopped)
- fresh lime (thinly chopped)
- sea salt
- 2 avocado (large ripe)
- 2% lowfat greek yogurt
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pico de gallo
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat, add bacon.
- Cook until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the skillet.
- Add shredded Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the outside edges are seared.
- While it cooks, add lime juice and a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Add olive oil, garlic and red onion.
- Caramelize the onions for 3 minutes before adding the ground meat.
- Chop up the meat in the skillet for about 2 minutes, then add the seasonings.
- Continue chopping and cooking until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, cilantro and lime or lemon juice.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Using a fork, mash up the flesh of the avocado, then form a large hole/dip inside the avocado for the filling.
- Add sauteed Brussel sprouts and meat, then top with garnish.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:09.