Simplest Shortbread Cookies
- 4 ounces butter (softened, grass fed)
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts (softened, grass fed)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (softened, grass fed)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (softened, grass fed)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (softened, grass fed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (softened, grass fed)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (softened, grass fed)
- 1 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon erythritol (softened, grass fed)
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (softened, grass fed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, mix softened butter and erythritol.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Using an S-blade food processor, ground the macadamia nuts.
- Make sure you leave it roughly ground, not turning it into flour or even butter.
- Put the ground macadamia into a medium bowl.
- Sift together both flours and salt, adding them to the ground macadamia.
- Add the flour mixture and macadamia to the butter-erythritol mixture.
- Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- The dough now is probably crumbly and does not hold together very well, but do not worry. Shape it into a flat disk, wrap it in a plastic foil, and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on the baking pan 1/2 inch thick.
- It still acts crumbly at this point but will hold together once baked and cooled down.
- Try shaping a square.
- Cut out 12 or more rectangle-shaped cookies.
- Take an egg and separate the white from the yolk.
- Keep the yolk for later use or discard it. Mix the white lightly with 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol, and spread it over the cookies.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Make sure not to burn the cookies.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool down completely.
- They will get firm when cooled.
- Optional: Take the chocolate and melt it in the microwave.
- Dip each cookie in the chocolate and place it on a plate, lined with parchment paper.
- Let the cookies cool down in the fridge.
- Enjoy to the fullest and try to stop after a couple of cookies.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:15.