Spam Musubi with Cauliflower Sticky Rice [Recipe]
- 1 head cauliflower (588g)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 can spam (588g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (588g)
- 3 sheets roasted seaweed (588g)
- Prepare cauliflower rice by steaming cauliflower in a large pot for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove cauliflower with tongs and allow the vegetable to rest until it is cool to the touch.
- Cut the cauliflower into small rice-sized pieces using either a knife or a cheese grater.Add cream cheese to riced cauliflower and mix until thoroughly blended.Chill the mixture for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- The cream cheese will soften when mixed with the warm cauliflower and must be chilled in order to maintain the shape of the musubi.Remove meat from tin and reserve the container.
- Slice spam into 8 pieces.Brush a light coating of soy sauce or liquid aminos onto both sides of the spam slices.Fry the spam in a large frying pan over medium heat until brown on each side, 2-3 minutes each side.Line spam container with plastic wrap, allowing excess to drape over the side.
- The excess wrap will act as a handle to lift each musubi once shaped.Scoop 1/8th of the cauliflower mixture into the plastic lined container.
- Press down with fingers or back of a spoon to flatten and compress mixture into shape of the tin.Place a slice of spam on top of the bed of rice in the container and press down flat into cauliflower mixture at the bottom.
- .Using the excess plastic wrap around the edges, lift the shaped cauliflower rice and spam out of the tin.Wrap with desired amount of nori.Repeat steps 7 – 12 for the remaining cauliflower mixture and spam slices.Enjoy while imagining yourself on a white sandy beach in the middle of the Pacific.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:48.