Rutabaga Pommes Anna [Recipe]
- 2 rutabaga (small
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons thyme (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Slice rutabaga thinly using a mandolin or knife.
- Reserve the sliced rutabaga in a bowl.Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.Add thyme to melted butter once completely melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continuously stir for approximately 2 minutes.Pour the melted butter herb mixture over the sliced rutabaga.
- Ensure the slices are evenly coated.Arrange and layer the rutabaga slices, dividing among the muffin tins.
- Get creative in layering! (I transitioned from larger slices on bottom to smaller on top, overlapping each slice in a circular pattern.)Drizzle any remaining butter over your rutabaga arrangement.Cover the muffin tin with foil.Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil.Continue baking uncovered for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden and crispy.Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:47.