Simple, Delicious & Low-Carb
- 10 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 20 asparagus spears (free-range or organic)
- 2 spring onions (free-range or organic)
- 1 shallots (small
- 1 red bell pepper (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (free-range or organic)
- 1 package soft goat cheese (free-range or organic)
- 1 package pancetta (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (free-range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (free-range or organic)
- salt (to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cherry tomatoes (free-range or organic)
- First, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting the woody ends off (250 g of asparagus in our recipe counts after cutting the ends off).
- Wash and deseed the bell pepper and slice it in small stripes.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot and spring onion.
- Grease a non-stick pan with a tablespoon of butter or ghee and add all the ingredients from the previous step.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Cook briefly for about 5 minutes just enough to release the fragrance and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and freshly chopped herbs.
- If you don't have the herbs for this recipe, you can use any herbs you have (e.g.
- chives, thyme, basil).
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the cooked vegetables into a baking dish (I used a 25 cm / 10 inch baking dish).
- Crumble the soft goat cheese equally all over the vegetables and pour the egg mixture over it.
- Place it in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes just until the top becomes firm.
- Carefully take the dish from the oven and reduce the temperature to about 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Lay the Pancetta (or bacon) all over the frittata and place back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes.
- Grease a pan with a tablespoon of ghee (or butter) and keep it on medium heat.
- The best way to roast tomatoes is to leave them on the vine.
- This will add extra flavour.
- Roast shortly for about 5 minutes (don't overcook) and...
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:13.