Baked Keto Beef Empanadas
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs (small)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 18 slices pepperoni (small)
- 1 small onion (small)
- 1 chicken sausage (small)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (small)
- basil leaves (small)
- Making FillingsIn a hot pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil in.
- Saute ground beef with onion and season with salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and put the cooked beef in a bowl.In another pan (or the same pan), add sliced sausages in and cook for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir occasionally.
- Making the DoughIn a bowl, melt mozzarella with cream cheese in a microwave.
- It’s better to remove and stir it every 30 seconds to make sure it’s not burned.
- Repeat until the cheese is melted.Add egg to the melted cheese mixture one at a time, stir well to fully incorporate.
- Cheese still could be hot so use a spoon if needed.
- Note: if you have large eggs you might need 3, make sure that mixture is not runny.
- Add coconut flour and knead well.
- Don’t over knead it as it might get hard.
- If it happens, warm it up in a microwave.
- Split the dough in six portions.
- Cover your tray with parchment paper and make six rounds with your hands.
- Add fillings in.
- On one side of each round, put a bit of marinara sauce (approx.
- 1 tsp), basil leaves, cooked beef, pepperoni and sliced sausage.
- Cover with the other side of the round.
- Put them in a pre-heated 400F oven and bake for 20 minutes or more.
- Time depends on the size and thickness of the empanadas.
- It is ready when the top is golden brown.
- Serve it with green salad and use marinara sauce leftovers for dipping.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:52.