Low Carb Blue Cheese Shallot Dip – Keto
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shallots (minced, about 2 medium shallots)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced, about 2 medium shallots)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (minced, about 2 medium shallots)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (minced, about 2 medium shallots)
- pork rind
- pork rind
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots and a pinch of salt.
- Sauté, stirring frequently, until the shallots are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Fold in blue cheese.
- To serve immediately, sprinkle the shallots on top of the dip.
- Garnish with minced dill and a few blue cheese crumbles (optional).
- Serve with low carb crackers or vegetables.
- To prepare the dip in advance, simply store the dip and the shallots separately in the refrigerator.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:34.