Low-Carb Cheesy Bacon Dip
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 white onion (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 chili peppers (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 8 slices unsmoked bacon (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup cream cheese (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. Peel and slice the onion and chili pepper. Heat a large pan greased with ghee. Add the sliced onion and chili pepper. Cook over a low-medium heat for about 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Slice the bacon ... ... and add to the pan with onion and chili pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes until lightly crisped up. When done, remove from the heat and set aside. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream. Add the grated cheese and mix well. Tilt the pan so that the bacon grease remains on one side. Transfer the bacon, caramelised onion and pepper (without the grease) to the bowl with cheese. Leave the bacon grease on the pan and discard or use in another recipe. Place the mixture in a small baking dish and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Transfer into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy with some Cheesy Party Crackers, Cheesy Spinach Crackers or Keto Breadsticks!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:18.