Low-Carb Cheesy Bacon Dip
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 white onion (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 chili peppers (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 8 slices unsmoked bacon (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup cream cheese (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or lard, 30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Peel and slice the onion and chili pepper.
- Heat a large pan greased with ghee.
- Add the sliced onion and chili pepper.
- Cook over a low-medium heat for about 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden.
- Slice the bacon ...
- and add to the pan with onion and chili pepper.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes until lightly crisped up.
- When done, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well.
- Tilt the pan so that the bacon grease remains on one side.
- Transfer the bacon, caramelised onion and pepper (without the grease) to the bowl with cheese.
- Leave the bacon grease on the pan and discard or use in another recipe.
- Place the mixture in a small baking dish and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy with some Cheesy Party Crackers, Cheesy Spinach Crackers or Keto Breadsticks!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:18.