Homemade Italian Dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Swerve Sweetener (or liquid stevia to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (dried)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (dried)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil (dried)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (dried)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Heat a small saucepan and add olive oil.
- Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds (do not brown it will become bitter).
- Add in the wine and stir, allow to reduce until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add in the tomato puree, salt, pepper, swerve and basil.
- Simmer on medium low for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Serve on the side of homemade mozzarella sticks (see my recipe here ), pizza bites, keto breadsticks, shirataki noodles or zoodles.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:52.