Low Carb Sausage Gravy & Biscuits Skillet
- 1 biscuits (recipe cheesy keto)
- 600 grams breakfast sausages (recipe cheesy keto)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 150 grams brown mushroom
- 250 milliliters chicken broth
- 400 milliliters heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add the butter and melt on medium heat.
- Add the sausage and start cooking it, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional minute until soft.
- Add the chicken broth and turn the heat to high.
- Let the chicken broth simmer down until there's about half the amount there was.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper, and marjoram.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the xanthan gum 1/4 tsp at a time and make sure to continue to whisk so that the gravy starts to thicken.
- Once thickened, turn the heat off.
- Prepare the biscuits recipe now.
- I would avoid making the biscuits batter before making the sausage gravy because the baking powder will be in the wet ingredients too long.
- Once your biscuits batter is ready, add it by the spoonful all over the sausage gravy.
- Add the skillet to the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- The biscuits will have absorbed most of the cream from the gravy and will be super flavourful and flaky! It's then ready to serve!
- Recipe Notes For the biscuits recipe, I used cheddar instead of gouda.
- You can use any type of shredded cheese you have on hand!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:31.