Cheesy Keto Taco Shells with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- 2 organic tomato (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (chopped)
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (chopped)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375˚ F.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, then place the sliced cheese on your lined baking sheet, leaving about an inch between each slice.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the cheese slices for 5 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven.
- Your baked cheese slices should be golden brown and beginning to bubble.
- Allow the cheese slices to cool on the pan for two minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently lift each cheese slice and place one in each cup of a muffin pan.
- Carefully press the baked cheese into each cup to form a similar shape.
- Allow them to cool in the cups for 10 minutes.
- While cups are cooling, prepare the Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce.
- Slice jalapenos horizontally, trim and remove all (or some) of the seeds, depending on your desired heat preference.
- Place the pieces of jalapeno into a food processor.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, olive oil, Greek yogurt, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, cilantro and sea salt.
- Pulse the ingredients several times until everything has been broken down and blended into a smooth sauce.
- Place in your refrigerator until you're ready to use the sauce.
- Remove the formed cheese cups from your muffin pan and place them on a tray or platter.
- Place a few tablespoons of taco meat into each keto taco shell, followed by freshly chopped tomato, a drizzle of jalapeno cilantro sauce, extra Greek yogurt and cilantro and/or any of your favorite taco toppings (salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, etc.).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:08.