Cheesy Keto Taco Shells with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- 2 organic tomato (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (chopped)
- 1/2 fresh lemon ,
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil ,
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (chopped)
- 1 clove minced garlic ,
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar ,
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375˚ F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, then place the sliced cheese on your lined baking sheet, leaving about an inch between each slice. Place the pan in the oven and bake the cheese slices for 5 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven. Your baked cheese slices should be golden brown and beginning to bubble. Allow the cheese slices to cool on the pan for two minutes. Using a spatula, gently lift each cheese slice and place one in each cup of a muffin pan. Carefully press the baked cheese into each cup to form a similar shape. Allow them to cool in the cups for 10 minutes. While cups are cooling, prepare the Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce. Slice jalapenos horizontally, trim and remove all (or some) of the seeds, depending on your desired heat preference. Place the pieces of jalapeno into a food processor. Add the juice of half a lemon, olive oil, Greek yogurt, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, cilantro and sea salt. Pulse the ingredients several times until everything has been broken down and blended into a smooth sauce. Place in your refrigerator until you're ready to use the sauce. Remove the formed cheese cups from your muffin pan and place them on a tray or platter. Place a few tablespoons of taco meat into each keto taco shell, followed by freshly chopped tomato, a drizzle of jalapeno cilantro sauce, extra Greek yogurt and cilantro and/or any of your favorite taco toppings (salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, etc.).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:08.