Slow Cooker Keto Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken thighs (boneless/skinless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic (boneless/skinless)
- 1 inch ginger root (boneless/skinless)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coconut milk (boneless/skinless)
- fresh cilantro (boneless/skinless)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- De-bone chicken on the bone-in chicken thighs.
- Chop all chicken into bite sized pieces. Add chicken to slow cooker and grate 1 inch knob of ginger over the top.
- Then add all dry spices into the slow cooker. Add canned diced tomatoes, olive oil, and tomato paste into slow cooker, then mix well again. Lastly, add 1/2 cup coconut milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Once the slow cooker is done, add remaining coconut milk, heavy cream, and guar gum and mix thoroughly into the chicken.
- It should help the curry thicken well.
- Serve with side of your choice.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:18.