Crispy Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 chicken drumsticks (~ 1.2 kg/ 2.6 lbs, weight includes bones, will yield about 50% meat)
- 1/4 cup ghee (~ 1.2 kg/ 2.6 lbs, weight includes bones, will yield about 50% meat)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt (~ 1.2 kg/ 2.6 lbs, weight includes bones, will yield about 50% meat)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Start by pat drying the chicken drumsticks with a paper towel.
- Using your fingers, rub the ghee or butter under the skin.
- To do this, simply pull up the skin of the chicken and massage the fat into the flesh.
- Spread any remaining ghee on top of the skin.
- Mix the spices for the rub: paprika, baking powder and salt.
- Cover the drumsticks in the rub and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- For even better results, place the drumsticks on a rack.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the skin is crispy and the meat is cooked through.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:37.