Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese (cut into small florets)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (cut into small florets)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (cut into small florets)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Special equipment: 8 by 8-inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season the water with salt.
- Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:16.