Baked Strawberry & Ricotta Pancakes
- 2 large eggs (separated, free range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (separated, free range or organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon extract (separated, free range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil (separated, free range or organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup strawberries (separated, free range or organic)
- 10 drops stevia extract (separated, free range or organic)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and stevia.
- Beat the egg whites untill they become thick and form soft peaks.
- While beating, slowly add the baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Transfer the egg whites into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture and very gently fold in.
- Using a sieve, slowly add the coconut flour.
- Note: After adding coconut flour, be careful not to deflate the mixture completely.
- Place the sliced strawberries onto a baking dish lined with parchment paper and greased with coconut oil.
- Note: If you only have frozen strawberries, they have to be thawed and the excess juices removed.
- Top with the pancake mixture and add more strawberries on top.
- Spray with coconut oil and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until slightly browned.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:23.