Baked Strawberry & Ricotta Pancakes
- 2 large eggs (separated, free range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour ,
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut ,
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (separated, free range or organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon extract (separated, free range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil (separated, free range or organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar ,
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda ,
- 1/2 cup strawberries (separated, free range or organic)
- 10 drops stevia extract (separated, free range or organic)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and stevia. Beat the egg whites untill they become thick and form soft peaks. While beating, slowly add the baking soda and cream of tartar. Transfer the egg whites into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture and very gently fold in. Using a sieve, slowly add the coconut flour. Note: After adding coconut flour, be careful not to deflate the mixture completely. Place the sliced strawberries onto a baking dish lined with parchment paper and greased with coconut oil. Note: If you only have frozen strawberries, they have to be thawed and the excess juices removed. Top with the pancake mixture and add more strawberries on top. Spray with coconut oil and place in the oven. Cook for about 15 minutes until slightly browned. Place on a serving plate and serve warm. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:23.