Low-Carb Strawberry & Rhubarb Panna Cotta
- 1 cup heavy cream (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 1 cup coconut milk (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin ,
- 4 gelatin sheet ,
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 3 tablespoons erythritol ,
- 15 drops stevia extract ,
- 8 tablespoons strawberries (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup cold water (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- If you are using powdered gelatin: Combine the cream, coconut milk, all of Erythritol, stevia and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. If you are using whole vanilla bean, split it lengthways, scrape out the seeds and add them to the saucepan. Use a whisk to mix it well and warm it up over low heat. In a small bowl, combine the cold water with powdered gelatine. Make sure all the gelatin is properly dissolved before you add it to the warm (NOT BOILING) mixture. *Note: If you are using gelatin sheets, soak them in cold water for 5-10 minutes. Combine the cream, coconut milk, Erythritol, stevia and vanilla bean in a small sauce pan over low heat. Once soft, lift the sheets from the cold water and gently remove any excess water. Add them to the warm liquid (NOT BOILING) and stir until dissolved. Dont boil anything with gelatin. It can make the gelatin lose its ability to thicken the panna cotta!* Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Stir panna cotta mixture and gently pour into 4 dessert bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. When firm, spoon 2 tablespoons of the jam on top of each panna cotta. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:50.