Low-Carb Strawberry & Rhubarb Panna Cotta
- 1 cup heavy cream (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 1 cup coconut milk (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 4 gelatin sheet
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 3 tablespoons erythritol
- 15 drops stevia extract
- 8 tablespoons strawberries (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup cold water (full-fat, 240 ml / 8 fl oz)
- If you are using powdered gelatin: Combine the cream, coconut milk, all of Erythritol, stevia and vanilla extract in a small saucepan.
- If you are using whole vanilla bean, split it lengthways, scrape out the seeds and add them to the saucepan.
- Use a whisk to mix it well and warm it up over low heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cold water with powdered gelatine.
- Make sure all the gelatin is properly dissolved before you add it to the warm (NOT BOILING) mixture.
- *Note: If you are using gelatin sheets, soak them in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the cream, coconut milk, Erythritol, stevia and vanilla bean in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Once soft, lift the sheets from the cold water and gently remove any excess water.
- Add them to the warm liquid (NOT BOILING) and stir until dissolved.
- Dont boil anything with gelatin.
- It can make the gelatin lose its ability to thicken the panna cotta!* Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir panna cotta mixture and gently pour into 4 dessert bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- When firm, spoon 2 tablespoons of the jam on top of each panna cotta.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:50.