Low Carb Onion Rings
- 1 white onion (medium)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces pork rind (medium)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (medium)
- Slice onion width wise in half inch thick rings.
- Break apart rings and set aside all the inside pieces you won't be using.
- low carb onion rings onion Use three different bowls to make a coconut flour, egg wash and heavy whipping cream, and pork rind parmesan coating stations.
- low carb onion rings stations Starting with coconut flour go through all the steps of coating and place on baking rack as pictured above.
- Once all onions are coated, double back and recoat them starting with the egg wash.
- TIP: reprocess or remake the pork rind parmesan coating if it begins soggy/clumpy.
- Places double coated rings back on greased baking rack and place in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:22.