Crispy Sweet Cinnamon Keto Waffles
- 1/2 cup super-fine almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon splenda (or preferred sweetener)
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Divide the eggs and place the yolks in one bowl and the whites into a medium sized bowl ( large enough to use a hand mixer to beat them in).
- Mix together the egg yolks, vanilla and butter and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until as light and fluffy as they can get ( the whites should form peaks when you life up the beaters).
- Mix the egg yolks mixture into the dry ingredients.
- ( it will be a dry mixture.) Then proceed to add in the eggs whites, slowly mixing them in until the mixture is fully combined.
- You will lose some lift, don't worry, just combine them in until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat your waffle iron and make 4 waffles.
- Serve with butter and a low sugar syrup if desired.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:07.