Grain Free Biscuits, Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 4 large egg whites (unsalted)
- You might want to scroll up and watch the video to see the technique.
- Cut butter into pea sized pieces, place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Measure all dry ingredients.
- Mix together well.
- Once butter is frozen, mix with dry ingredients, place in freezer.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix into dry ingredients.
- Form into a round disc.
- This will be cross between dough and batter.
- This will make 8 to 10 biscuits.
- the biscuits will increase in size.
- Bake on a baking stone if you have one, or use parchment paper.
- Spray with baking spray.
- I find that a baking stone or griddle works best.
- A cookie spatula works great to remove them, as it is extra thin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
- You might want to try it that way! Also you can make these into four large biscuits for sandwiches.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:18.