Keto Mexican Coffee Eggnog
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 orange (we are just using the zest)
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 4 drops stevia (we are just using the zest)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces reposado
- Place the eggs, cream, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and whisk until very well combined.
- Zest the orange into the bowl and then add both the coffee and erythritol.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour everything into a pot over medium heat and bring to at least 165 degrees F or when it will coat the back of a spoon and leave a streak if you draw your finger down the back of the spoon.
- Add the nutmeg and cinnamon, remove from the heat, and mix to combine.
- Strain into a clean bowl with a fine mesh strainer.
- Taste and add the stevia glycerite drop by drop to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
- I used four drops.
- Add the tequila if you so desire and mix to combine.
- Chill, preferably overnight.
- It will thicken up considerably during that time.
- Recipe Notes I add the spices at the end because they will over-extract if they were in the eggnog as it cooked.
- They will extract overnight as the eggnog chills, so don't worry if you feel it is not nutmeg and cinnamon-ey enough when you initially taste.
- I always hold back stevia glycerite until the end for fine adjustment of sweetness.
- Erythritol is sluggish to dissolve and is hard to make fine adjustments with
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:58.