Instant Pot Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 ounces breakfast sausages (bulk)
- 3 broccoli (medium
- 2 garlic cloves (bulk)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup monterey jack (bulk)
- 1 green onions (bulk)
- 1 california avocado (bulk)
- sour cream
- Grease a 7-inch diameter casserole dish or souffle dish (you can also use a springform pan but it may come through the bottom a little as it cooks).
- Turn the Instant Pot onto the sauté function and add the avocado oil.
- Once hot, add the bulk sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Cook about 4 minutes until most of the pink is gone.
- Add the grated broccoli stalks, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook another 2 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream until well combined.
- Stir in the cheese and the green onion.
- Pour over the sausage mixture in the pan.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil (if using a springform pan, wrap the bottom in foil as well).
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and add the trivet.
- Place the dish on top of the trivet and lock the lid.
- Make sure the vent is closed.
- Set the cooker to manual pressure for 35 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then vent until all the pressure is gone.
- Remove the dish from the Instant Pot.
- Top with any other toppings you desire.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:22.