Low Carb Vegan Carrot Soup
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (chopped, ~200g)
- 1 1/2 cups kohlrabi (chopped, ~200g)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (chopped, ~200g)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence (chopped, ~200g)
- Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat.
- Toss in carrots, kohlrabi, garlic and onions.
- Cook this for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour stock over this mixture, and continue to cook, covered, until the carrots and kolhrabi are soft.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes, add in the hemp seeds.
- Either blend with an immersion blender, or carefully pour into a blender and puree.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:01.