- 2 portobello mushrooms (medium)
- 1 ounce ground beef (medium)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 jalapeno chilies (medium)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (medium)
- Start by forming the ground beef into 4 oz patties.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Set aside.Roughly chop bacon, cut jalapeno into 1/8th inch slices.Render bacon in a large pan on medium heat.
- When bacon is nearly done add in the jalapeno.
- Allow both to cook for 2 minutes and set aside.Place hamburgers in the pan on medium heat with the remaining bacon grease.
- Cook to the temperature you like.
- Set aside and allow to rest.In the same pan cook the portabella mushrooms.
- The mushrooms take 3-4 minutes per side.
- If your mushrooms are not very flat you can place a weight on top to flatten them out and make them more bun-like.When the mushrooms are done, set them aside and begin assembling your burger while cooking the egg.Cook egg on medium heat for 2 minutes for sunny side up.Assemble the burger! Start with the bottom portabella bun.
- Then burger > cheese/jalapeno/bacon > burger > cheese/jalapeno/bacon > egg.
- Spread some guacamole on the top portabella bun and place on top of the burger.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:10:54.