Keto Sugar-free Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 eggs (yolkegg yolks)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (yolkegg yolks)
- 2 eggs (whiteegg whites)
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the egg yolks until smooth and fluffy.
- Set aside the egg whites.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream with the vanilla and the sweetener.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, until the cream thickens slightly.
- Reduce the heat and pour the whipped egg yolks into the hot cream.
- Combine well and let it simmer on low heat while stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Refrigerate mixture until cool.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy; fold into the cream mixture.
- Pour the batter into a ice cream maker or in a jar with a lid and place in the freezer.
- Stir occasionally and continue freezing until it reaches desired consistency.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:38.