- 3 pounds ground beef (85% lean grass fed)
- 1 pound chicken livers (85% lean grass fed)
- 1 shallots (large)
- 4 medium carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (85% lean grass fed)
- 3 teaspoons salt (85% lean grass fed)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme (85% lean grass fed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- While it heats, mince the shallots, carrots and garlic until fine.
- When the skillet comes to temperature add in the vegetables and sauté until aromatic and tender, about 8 minutes, stir often.Add in the chicken livers along with 1 tsp salt and dried oregano.
- Cook, stirring often, until the livers are browned all over.
- Add in the 1 tbsp.
- coconut aminos and 1 tbsp.
- apple cider vinegar and cook until reduced and livers are cooked.
- Remove from heat, and let cool a few minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse until it looks like ground beef.
- Then transfer to a large bowl, to cool to room temp.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Add the ground beef to the bowl with the remaining salt and the rest of the seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Shape 1 ½ inch balls, will make aprx 30.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the sheet pan.
- With oiled hands, coat each meatball in a little olive oil and you handle it to place it on the sheet pan.
- Then lightly drizzle them with the remaining coconut aminos.
- Place in the oven, roast at 425F for 5 minutes.
- Then turn the temperature down to 350F and roast another 20 minutes before removing from the oven.
- These meatballs are perfect for meal prep or feeding a crowd.
- Dunk them in ranch, pile on some guac or drizzle with lemon tahini sauce for some extra fats!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:00.