Raw Cacao and Coconut Haystacks
- 4 ounces raw cacao (Paste, about 1 cup of cacao pieces)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar (Paste, about 1 cup of cacao pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 pound coconut flakes (Paste, about 1 cup of cacao pieces)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (Paste, about 1 cup of cacao pieces)
- In a small saucepan melt the cacao, coconut butter, coconut oil, sweetener, salt and vanilla over low heat.
- Stir this mixture until completely melted and smooth.
- Set the melted chocolate aside for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut flakes to a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the flakes.
- Stir well to coat the mixture evenly.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture onto the parchment in 12 even piles per sheet.
- Use your fingers to shape them into nice round haystacks.
- Refrigerate the haystacks until completely chilled.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:45.