Low Carb Chicken Soup for Keto Diets
- 12 ounces cooked chicken (diced)
- 6 cups bone broth (diced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (diced)
- 8 ounces celery root (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup onions (diced)
- 1/3 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 large garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon herb seasoning (diced)
- 2 teaspoons chicken base (diced)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (diced)
- Dice the chicken.
- Peel and cut the vegetables.
- Place a 4 quart lidded pot over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the butter (or oil) and all of the vegetables, lemon zest, and bay leaf.
- Stir to coat the ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic herb seasoning blend, the chicken base and wine (or lemon-water combination).
- Stir and cover the pot to sweat the vegetables until they soften but do not brown - about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to just under a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Pierce a vegetable of each kind with a fork to check.
- If the fork goes through easily, it's tender.
- Add the chicken and salt and pepper to taste.
- I add lots of pepper because it makes the soup more savory.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:50.