Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 10 large eggs
- 16 ounces breakfast pork sausage (ground)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (ground)
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup scallions (ground)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt (ground)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a casserole dish (9x13) with coconut oil spray.Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the ground breakfast sausage to the skillet.
- Using a spatula break up the crumbles as it cooks.
- Remove cooked sausage from the skillet and set aside.Drain 70% of the grease from the skillet and add half the riced cauliflower to the skillet.
- Season with 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt and combine using a spoon soaking up most of the remaining sausage grease.First layer: Transfer the greased cauliflower to a casserole dish or large dutch oven.
- Layer on half of the cooked sausage, half of the cheese and half of the scallions.Second layer: spread the remaining cauliflower (not coated in sausage grease) on top, then the remaining sausage, cheese and scallions making two layers.Crack 10 large eggs into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream and season with 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Whisk to combine.Pour the egg mixture over the two layers in the casserole dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.Serve immediately!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:25.