Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs (Gluten Free)
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup zucchini (80/20)
- 1/4 cup pepperoni (80/20)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (80/20)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (80/20)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (80/20)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (80/20)
- 15 slices pepperoni
- To make the meatballs: Combine all of the meatball ingredients (except the olive oil) in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 15 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown – about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve: Place the meatballs in an oven proof dish.
- Spoon the sauce evenly over each meatball.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, and a slice of pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, or set under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni is getting crisp.
- Serve hot.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:52.