Baked Honey Garlic Salmon in Foil
- 1 pound salmon (side of)
- 1/2 cup honey (side of)
- 4 cloves garlic (side of)
- 1/2 cup whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (side of)
- 1 lemon (sliced
- Position a rack in the middle of your oven.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil to fold over and seal to create a packet.
- In a bowl, combine honey, mustard, lemon juice, oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, Cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the salmon onto the lined baking sheet.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture over the salmon, and spread evenly over the fish.
- Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and cracked pepper.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the sauce does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness.
- Carefully open the foil, and broil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top of salmon.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with lemon slices.
- Note: Skip honey if you’re on a low-carb or Keto diet.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:25.