Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
- 2 cups broccoli florets (chopped small and rinsed)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (chopped small and rinsed)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped small and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion (chopped small and rinsed)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped small and rinsed)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (chopped small and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs (chopped small and rinsed)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (chopped small and rinsed)
- cracked black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (chopped small and rinsed)
- flat leaf parsley (chopped small and rinsed)
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Add carrot and cook stirring occasionally for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, Italian herbs, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together.
- Stir in the rinsed broccoli and cauliflower florets, and continue to simmer gently until cooked through but still crunchy, approx.
- 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, garnish with parmesan and fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Recipe note: If you want to thicken the soup a little, mix 1 tablespoon coconut flour or cornstarch with 1/4 cup (125ml) cold water then add to the soup 5 minute before the end of cooking time.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:27.