- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 onions (medium
- 4 cloves garlic (divided)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 5 scallions (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 32 ounces sauce (divided)
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 tortillas (low-carb)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the chicken with half of the olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Lay on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
- Allow chicken to cool enough to handle and then either pull apart to shred or chop with a knife.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic at medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and continue stirring for one more minute.
- Remove from heat and add the sautéed onion to the chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce, lime juice, scallions, sour cream, cream cheese, two cups of the picante/ranchero sauce, and two cups of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Spray a shallow 13 x 9-inch baking dish with pan spray.
- Spread one cup of picante/ranchero sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas, roll and set in the pan seam side down.
- Top with the last cup of sauce and remaining cheese (use more cheese if desired).
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until heated all the way through and golden brown on top.
- Yield: 8
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:18.