Low Carb, Keto Zuppa Toscana with Cauliflower (Paleo and Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets (or about 3½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces kale (or about 3½ cups)
- 14 1/2 ounces coconut milk (or about 3½ cups)
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, melt the ghee over medium-high heat.
- Add the Italian sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Use a wooden spoon or Mix 'n' Chop to keep it nicely ground.
- Add the chicken broth, cauliflower,Italian seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Bring your soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the kale and coconut milk, and simmer an additional 5 minutes until the cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork and the kale is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:21.